Guard your Heart by Steve Green
The human heart is easily swayed
And often betrayed at the hand of emotion
You dare not leave the outcome to chance
You must choose in advance
Or live with the agony
Such needless tragedy
This is not only true in a marriage relationship but also with our relationship with the Lord. Our emotions if not guarded will easily sway us away from the Lord. That is why God’s Holy Word says, “The just shall live by Faith.” Feelings, emotions it all fluctuates that is why you cannot trust them. One day your happy and in three days depending upon the individual you will be sad, every person is different. Individuals that are Bi-polar go to the extreme.
Listen what Paul said in (2 Thessalonians 3:16 NASB) Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all!
1. The lord will grant you peace in every circumstance, not some of the time or part of the time but in every circumstance.
2. Continually means frequently recurring; always happening, having no interruptions
3. Peace is meant to be given to us frequently recurring; always happening, having no interruptions
4. Those of us that have been born-again, God will give us a continually peace
5. Why, because we are His children.
6. Jesus had peace even in the midst of a storm.
You don’t believe me just look at the next scripture.
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, (Romans 5:1 NASB)
This verse in 1 Peter 3: 11 is the key to keeping peace in our hearts.
“HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD;
HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT. (1 Peter 3:11 NASB)
1. Turn from evil is a choice on our part it is an effort, a conscience decision.
2. There is Benefits to walking or keeping in step with the Spirit of God
3. Choose to do good; Choosing to live a godly life according to the scriptures
4. We must not only seek peace but pursue it
Meaning of Pursue:
1. “To follow in an effort to overtake or capture; chase: a fox that was pursued by hounds.
2. To strive to gain or accomplish: pursue lofty political goals.
3. To proceed along the course of; follow: a ship that pursued the southern course.
4. To carry further; advance: Let’s not pursue this argument.”
5. We must chase after it maintain it with all our hearts
Hence to guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. We must pursue after it continually guarding our hearts from outside forces that will try to steal it from you. Listen to what Jesus himself says to us about peace.
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. (John 14:27 NASB)
1. Jesus gives us peace not as the world gives because the world or Satan cannot duplicate the power of God
2. Song: Oh this world never gave me the peace that I have I just couldn’t find it out there but sweeter by far is the love of my Lord I just couldn’t find it out there.
3. The world cannot produce peace if it could they would stop searching for fulfillment in the trinkets of mankind.
4. Devils counterfeit peace, he is an angel of light what may seem like peace is only the calm before the storm.
5. However, Jesus says, “Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.” Ah, now that is peace in believing that His words are true.
6. We must not allow anything to rob us of our peace in Christ nor allow anyone of circumstances to steal away
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:7 NASB)
1. The devil personally try to rob you of your peace
2. He’ll try to send someone else to rob your of your peace
3. He’ll plant thoughts in your mind of fake scenarios and things that are not just to make you fearful, but perfect love in Christ will cast out all fear. That is why faith is so crucial worth more than gold. For faith in God will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Guard your Heart
Guard your Heart
Don’t trade it for treasure
Don’t give it away
For a soul that remains sincere with conscience clear
Guard your Heart
So when is comes to our marriage relationships or even close friends listen to what Steve Green sings in this verse.
What appears to be harmless glance?
Can turn to romance
And homes are divided
Feelings that should never have been
Tearing the heart in two
Listen, I beg of you
The devil is call a serpent because he slithers in without a sound and at time capture a heart without even firing and arrow.
So if you don’t Guard your Heart no one else will, keep that in mind when your tempted to turn away from those who truly loves you especially if it’s the Lord but also if it your spouse, your children, your parents and then a close friend no other relationship is has important has these.
Maintaining…… Intimacy With Christ…..is always a choice!!!!!
~ Richard W. Wafford